Free training at the Heritage Hub
An introduction to collection care
7 February 2020, 10am - 15.30pm
You will learn to identify and protect against risks to your archive collection; understand and source archival enclosures; and appreciate a range of actions for protecting archive collections.
Link collection care activity to a helpful framework, prioritise collection care tasks and discover trusted sources of help and advice.
Managing your collections training
11 February 2020, 9.30 - 11.30am
This module is aimed at people with little or no previous archive or record keeping knowledge.
Introduction to managing your collections:
- Are people offering you their old documents and photos?
- Does your community have an “archive cupboard” known only to a few?
- Do you find yourself responsible for precious archive material?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, this module can help.
We will look at how to:
- decide what items to collect
- organise and keep track of what you’ve got
- share your treasures and involve more people in their local heritage
Digital preservation training
11 February 2020, 11.45 - 1pm
Do you look after precious archive material, some of which is digital?
Are key digital records sitting on your laptop?
Will you need access to digital records in the future?
We’ll help you keep digital records:
Oral history training
21 February 2020, 10am - 1pm
Do you want to capture the memories of people in your community?
Do you want to learn how to gather, keep and share oral histories?
Do you need “hands- on” experience in using audio recording equipment?
We will look at:
- Project planning & oral history interview preparation
- Relevant legal and ethical issues
Do’s and don’ts of conducting an oral history interview
Free events. Booking essential.
Book online – www.heritagehub.org.uk
email@example.com | 01452 425295
The Heritage Hub, Clarence Row, Alvin St, Gloucester, GL1 3DW