The ARA card is coming!
From the 1st April we will be asking new and existing customers to sign up for an ARA card so that you can access the unique resources held at Gloucestershire Archives @ the Heritage Hub. This card replaces any existing CARN card that you may already have.
You can find out more about the card – and register online at: www.archivescard.com
We’ve also put together a summary of changes – although they are not in any particular order!
You’ll need to sign up at the archivescard.com website
- You will be getting a new customer number, which is the barcode on the new card.
- You will need to bring in two pieces of ID, even if you have only recently renewed your CARN card.
- The sign up process asks you to provide a photo. This is an important part of verifying the ARA card, and helps to improve the security of the unique and irreplaceable archives that we look after.
- The new ARA card now lasts for 5 years
- When the card is due to expire you will receive an automatic email from ARA reminding you to bring in your ID to renew your card when you next visit
Claire Collins Claire.collins@Gloucestershire.gov.uk