Gloucester History Festival 2023
Wow- what a line up! This year's Festival has lots to offer for anyone interested in local history. Here's a sneak preview of what's in store:
- Simon Draper - Placenames in the Gloucestershire Landscape
- Andrew Armstrong - the story of Whitefriars Priory
- Dilip Sarkar - Spitfire! & Gloucestershire’s Battle of Britain
- Phil Moss - the people of Blackfriars Priory
- Neil Holbrook - Glevum: The Last 100 Years
- Michael McCarthy - Dick Whittington & Gloucestershire
- 150 Years of Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm Stadium - Thursday 7 September
- Gloucestershire Battlefields - Tony Condor at the Gala Club
- My Gloucester Discovery - with Janina Ramirez, Andrew Armstrong & David Carpenter.
- Helen Carr, Janina Ramirez and & others talking about Gloucester’s history.
Be sure to check out the History Festival brochure for dates and full details. Tickets go on sale from Friday 28th July. Buy online https://www.gloucesterhistoryfestival.co.uk/ or in person at the Museum of Gloucester 10am - 5pm daily or by phone on Tel: 07834 406228 10am - 5pm daily
And a date for next year's diary- the Gloucester History Festival Spring weekend will be 12-14th April 2024